Tuesday, May 8, 2012


 Tonight was the Scholarship Awards Program at the Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton. My dad, sister, and I thought starting a scholarship to honor and remember our mom was a good way to use the money our family received at the funeral. My mom attended FVTC where she received her Associates Degree in Nursing in 1983.

The Julie Sweet Memorial Scholarship is available to Nursing-Associate Degree students in their second year who have maintained a 2.5 GPA and who demonstrate financial need. Tatiana Chernyshova proudly accepted the first ever award this evening, pictured below with my sister and myself.


I also had a few items in the mail when I got home. One being the solar panel kit I was awarded Voltaic Systems, can't wait to give it a test run this weekend and see how it works! 



A brown package wasn't the only thing in the mail though today. I also received a few envelopes containing different monetary donations. I have added a "donors" page now, containing the names of those who have donated to the cause. I'm extremely excited to see things are really coming together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment